Thursday, November 10, 2011

Precious Food

I eat every morsel of my food, because it is just too precious to waste. When I prepare my food, I think of how I harvested every little bit of it, and of how hard it was. I want to appreciate it to the fullest I can, because it took so much effort, and I don't want any of it to go to waste.

Today I spend a long time smoking fish, so now I am grumpy and have a headache. But at least I have snacks for the next couple of days. I also made soup from Alex. This time I had burdock root and that added a great new flavor to it. I had it for dinner. I am happy that I don't have to put much thought into my meals for the next couple of days. 

Alex was not too smart. He was the one that would come up and eat stuff from your hand because he was so greedy. He had yellow eyes that would look at me between pecks. He looked like a friendly little chicken until you saw his eyes, they were mean, squinty, yellow eyes. Alex was Jake's follower, if you found Alex, you found Jake. Alex just was kind of stupid, all he could do is follow Jake around. Now I think about it, chickens are somewhat like people. I know some kids that act just like Alex, Jake, Zach, Itsy and Bitsy. I am grateful that Alex was the fattest because he ate so much, he made a delicious soup.

Smoking fish in the backyard


Here you can see the butterfly method

Delicious end result

Wild food extravaganza soup, good and filling
Thank you Alex

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your very inspiring journey. I found your page from a comment your dad made on facebook about your trek. I commend you on continuing your goal. You've showed that it can be done, but with an enormous amount of willpower. I don't think I would have lasted more than a day with that palate of tastes. Please keep doing what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete